Hi, not an expert on this but I have a lot of UIView maps that I
converted over to Xastir format.
If you follow this link you can see how Norway in 5 sections looks like.
I use GIF files because I do not need all the "billions" of color :-)
Norway is maybe not what you want but it gives you an idea
http://home.ebnett.no/tt14/LA-Norway.zip
--
Lasse / LA5PPA
Den 21.05.2010 20:34, skrev Guy Story KC5GOI:
I am sure this has been covered but I do not see it in the wiki right now.
I have follow the wiki on getting 1.9.9 installed on Ubuntu 10.04 and it ran
like a charm. I want to be able to take a course map that has been created
as a jpeg, or gif and turn that into a map I can use in Xastir. I do this
in WinAPRS all the time but I am trying to get way from WinAPRS since it has
not been updated in a long time and Xastir is ongoing. WinAPRS uses a GIF
as the image and I have to create points to tie the image so it can place
stations on that map. Can someone walk me through that for Xastir?
_______________________________________________
Xastir mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.xastir.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/xastir