On Sun, 23 May 2010, Ian Bennett wrote:

        The IMAGESIZE was found using the "identify" program which is part of 
the
Imagemagick suite of tools (I think).

Yes.

You could also use the GraphicsMagick tool which does the same
thing, I think "gm identify" or "gm -identify" or similar.


        Given you are referencing two points on the map by pixel location, I 
can't
see why you absolutely have to use top left and bottom right. I haven't
tested this though as I know the lat/long for the top left and bottom right
of the images I use.

I believe this is correct, however you want to have as much vertical
separation and as much horizontal separation between the two points
selected as you can possible manage, to try to keep as much accuracy
as possible.  Try for points near or at two diagonal corners if
possible.

--
Curt, WE7U.                         <http://www.eskimo.com/~archer>
   APRS:  Where it's at!                    <http://www.xastir.org>
  Lotto:  A tax on people who are bad at math. - unknown
Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates. - WE7U.
The world DOES revolve around me:  I picked the coordinate system!"
_______________________________________________
Xastir mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.xastir.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/xastir

Reply via email to