From:   Lissa Valletta <lis...@us.ibm.com>
Date:   2014/01/11 03:26
Subject:        Re: [xcat-user] How to create and deploy an xCAT Service Node

DNS and DHCP  will still work from the Service Node, if setup correctly.
In other words,   you have configured the service node as the DNS server
and/or  DHCP server for the nodes  and there is no requirement on the
Management Node for dns or dhcp.       You will  not be able to run any
xcat commands on the service node, if the Management Node is down.   xCAT
requires access to the database configured on the MN for the xcat cluster
( mysql, postgresql) to run most xcat commands.  Even to recognize that the
node is in the xcat cluster.

Lissa K. Valletta
8-3/B10
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
(tie 293) 433-3102

Inactive hide details for Josh Nielsen ---01/10/2014 12:59:12 PM---Hi Wang
Xiaopeng (I apologize if I got your name wrong beforJosh Nielsen
---01/10/2014 12:59:12 PM---Hi Wang Xiaopeng (I apologize if I got your
name wrong before), You said: "SN cannot work without MN