Answering your Item 3:
For IBM nodes we use the following to determine the address for the IMM
172.29.1xx.y
xx = rack number (rack A1, node 1 = 172.29.101.1 which follows the node ip
we would assign 172.20.101.1
y=node number in the rack, with the first node being in the lower U
location, if rack is two wide then it would be lower left side going up
then lower right side going up

Since your racks came at different timesthey were seen as different orders
and we will always start at the first rack and go contiguous from there.

We assign the bmc to a group, for example 84bmcperrack (see hosts tab)
#node,ip,hostnames,otherinterfaces,comments,disable
"84bmcperrack","|\D+(\d+).*$|172.29.(101+(($1-1)/84)).(($1-1)%84+1)|",,,,
"idataplex-bmc","|\D+(\d+).*$|172.29.(101+(($1-1)/84)).(($1-1)%84+1)|",,,,
"40bmcperrack","|\D+(\d+).*$|172.29.(101+(($1-1)/40)).(($1-1)%40+1)|",,,,
"41bmcperrack","|\D+(\d+).*$|172.29.(101+(($1-1)/41)).(($1-1)%41+1)|",,,,
"42bmcperrack","|\D+(\d+).*$|172.29.(101+(($1-1)/42)).(($1-1)%42+1)|",,,,
"20bmcperrack","|\D+(\d+).*$|172.29.(101+(($1-1)/20)).(($1-1)%20+1)|",,,,
"21bmcperrack","|\D+(\d+).*$|172.29.(101+(($1-1)/21)).(($1-1)%21+1)|",,,,

You can set up your scheme when you bring up the cluster and this will all
get done during the discovery/bmcsetup.

Regards,

Tom

Thomas Alandt