From:   Russell Jones <russell-l...@jonesmail.me>
To:     xcat-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Date:   01/22/2014 11:14 AM
Subject:        Re: [xcat-user] Frustrating time with sequential node discovery

I can answer that point from a personal viewpoint - it's just a pain. A
real bad pain, especially when you do not have homogenous switch
models/vendors in the environment. By the time you've finally gotten it to
work you could have just went node to node and hand-written down the MAC's
and populated it yourself :-)

Typically when doing deployments now where xCAT is utilized I require the
vendor to provide me a list or spreadsheet of node-to-MAC mappings, and
just manually populate the tables myself with a for loop.