Hey all, I'm having an issue that I can't seem to figure out what is wrong.  It
seems my system will makedns all day and night for the subnets that are
actually on the admin node (ie - eth0 on admin is 10.1.1.X and that subnet will
get made in DNS; eth1 on admin is 10.2.1.X and the subnet will get made in DNS.
 However my compute nodes are past a router (not the 10. subnets) and since my
admin node does not have a eth on the compute node subnet, makedns will NOT
work, even though I can ping the nodes, ssh to the compute nodes, etc, makedns
will not build the named tables for that subnet.  However, I did just test that
if I create a eth1:1 alias for an unused IP, the table can be made and I can
ifdown that alias shortly after making the table.  My question was going to be
what am i doing wrong, but now my question is why do I have to make an alias
just to make a DNS table??  The networks tab is set up correctly, the site,
hosts, and node tabs are all correct and /etc/hosts is correct, and changing
nothing except "ifup eth1:1" fixes the problem.  Insight??  Bug or designed
that way?

Thanks,

JIM

JIM Carlisi
jim.carl...@csra.com

"We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing."
- George Bernard Shaw

This electronic message transmission contains information from CSRA that may be
attorney-client privileged, proprietary or confidential. The information in
this message is intended only for use by the individual(s) to whom it is
addressed. If you believe you have received this message in error, please
contact me immediately and be aware that any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. NOTE:
Regardless of content, this email shall not operate to bind CSRA to any order
or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government
initiative expressly permitting the use of email for such purpose.