Hi Martin,

> So, before the discussion goes on: Is there even the slightest chance of
> markers used as waypoints making it to any future 6.7.x release? Or will
> this not be introduced before 6.8.x?

I have built a latest version for testing in Windows and used the XCS-test
Android version whixh are 6.8.x.  I confirm both Drop Marker at pan
position and using this marker as a waypoint, i.e. "Goto" work well.

I have some more testing to do about how to name these to fit *my*
preferred waypoint naming scheme, likely of no use to anyone else.  I use
a customised event file .xci to create a gesture "m" to drop a marker and
I changed
the bottom right menu button in Pan mode to be "Drop Marker" too.  This
works for me. YMMV.

Kind regards,
Neil
--