Hi Martin

I agree. Placing a waypoint in pan mode would make more sense than placing
a marker.
A marker is to mark something interesting during flight like a thermal
source or something on the ground that caught your attention and you'd like
to remember where it is.

The only reason why I'd want to place a "point" in pan mode is because the
waypoint file I'm using doesn't have a waypoint I require for a personal
task.
Placing a waypoint directly in pan mode would speed up the process
considerably.

Regards
Paul