On Mon, 2013-02-11 at 12:19 -0600, Major Hayden wrote:
> FWIW, my system is working perfectly with this package set:

Ok, just one more question...

>   # rpmquery --queryformat "%{NAME}\n" -a | egrep "libvirt|xen" | sort
>   libvirt-client
>   libvirt-daemon
>   libvirt-daemon-config-network
>   libvirt-daemon-config-nwfilter
>   libvirt-daemon-driver-interface
>   libvirt-daemon-driver-lxc
>   libvirt-daemon-driver-network
>   libvirt-daemon-driver-nodedev
>   libvirt-daemon-driver-nwfilter
>   libvirt-daemon-driver-qemu
>   libvirt-daemon-driver-secret
>   libvirt-daemon-driver-storage
>   libvirt-daemon-driver-uml
>   libvirt-daemon-driver-xen
>   libvirt-python
>   xen
>   xen-hypervisor
>   xen-libs
>   xen-licenses
>   xen-runtime

And with this configuration you have xend starting automatically either
at startup, or at libvirt startup, or when you first try to connect to
xen://, or something like that?

I mean, are you able to create VMs with virt-manager and/or virt-install
_without_ having to start xend by hand?

I'm asking because I'm not! :-(

> Installing libvirt-daemon-xen brings in libvirt-daemon-driver-libxl as a
> dependency and that's when things begin to break.

Yes, again, that is the same here, and I also see the libxenlight
related errors you where talking about. Problem is that, for me, just
removing libvirt-daemon-driver-libxl and restarting libvirtd is not at
all enough, as xend is not started...

Thanks and Regards,
Dario