On Tue, 12 Feb 2013, Dario Faggioli wrote:
On Tue, 2013-02-12 at 10:48 +0000, M A Young wrote:
It seems to me this thread has been focussing on a work around for an
undisclosed problem rather than identifying what the problem actually is
and solving it, or coming up with a better workaround.
Indeed, while identifying and fixing/helping to fix was my first and
main intent. I'm think this is still related to what we were discussing
here: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=893699, although that
took so many different directions that it is now very difficult to make
any sense out of it!
If I'm not providing enough or good enough feedback and suggestions, I'm
sorry, but really, my primary concern is to see all this working! :-)
provide more details of exactly what happens and preferably submit
a bug report to http://bugzilla.redhat.com/ so it can be looked at
Let me try (again), repeating all the steps, starting from a fresh F18
install. After that, we'll decide if we want to stick with 893699
bugzilla entry, or create a new one, or whatever else we want to do...
Ok, here I am.
1. Install F18
2. yum install xen
4. ps aux | grep xend [nothing found]
5. creating a domain with xl [_works_]
6. yum install libvirt-daemon-xen virt-manager virt-viewer \
7. rpm -qa | grep daemon-driver-libxl [yes, 0.10.2.3-1]
8. rpm -qa | grep daemon-driver-xen [yes, 0.10.2.3-1]
9. reboot (just in case!)
10. ps aux | grep xend [nothing found]
11. systemctl status libvirtd.service [active (running)]
12. start virt manager [connected to xen:// (I
can't see Dom0, but that
is fine, IIRC)]
13. ps aux | grep xend [nothing found]
14. creating a domain with xl [_works_]
15. creating a domain with virt-install [_DOES_NOT_ work (*)]
Check /var/log/libvirt/libxl/libxl.log to see what went wrong. I have done
some testing and in my case it seems it defaults to trying the blktap
driver for disks, which won't work with the Fedora kernel. There may be
some way to get it to use file, phy or other driver as you can with an xl
configuration file, but I haven't found a way that works yet.
xen mailing list