Hello Dario,

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 12:28 AM, Dario Faggioli <raist...@linux.it> wrote:

> On gio, 2013-04-18 at 16:30 +0200, sguazt wrote:
>
> > Hello again,
> >

> > I reinstalled Fedora 18 and used the Virtualization Preview Repository
> > (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Virtualization_Preview_Repository).
> >
> Mmm... weird that you needed VirtPreview to get libvirt+xend to work. It
> used, should, and actually does work for me on a "plain" F18 (i.e., no
> VirtPreview).

Don't know why, but without the VirtPreview repo I get the following error:

"libvirtError: POST operation failed: xend_post: error from xen daemon:
(xend.err 'Device 768 (vbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not
working.')"

> > Actually, I still get problem with virt-viewer but I can live without
> > it by using a VNC viewer.
> >
> What problem? Can you be more specific? Again, with xend, I don't have
> problem of an kind, not even with virt-viewer.

If I run

$ virt-viewer rubis-web

where "rubis-web" is the name of my domU

I get a dialog box with this error message

"Unable to connect to libvirt with URI [none] "

and on the console terminal I get this message

** (virt-viewer:4506): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus:
Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-giWEeisA4Z: Connection refused

(but I don't know if they are related, because the above message is only a
warning, while the former is an error.)

Instead, if I use a VNC viewer (actually, tigervnc) it works without
problems:

$ vncviewer 127.0.0.1:5900

If I look in the XML of my domU:

$ virsh dumpxml rubis-web

I can see the entry for VNC:

    <graphics type='vnc' port='5900' autoport='yes' keymap='en-us'/>

> I hope to see Virtualization Preview package move soon in the official
> > F18 repository :)
> >
> Mmm... I might be wrong, but I'm not sure that's ever going to happen.
> My understanding is that VirtPreview hosts the packages that are in
> rawhide, although built for F18 (in this case). This means that most of
> what you see there will end up in F19, and very few of it will involve
> F18. However, if you find and rise a bug, unless the backport to the
> libvirt version that ships with F18 is impossible, it shouldn't be a big
> deal to have it fixed there too...

I see

> Thanks for sharing your experience.
> Dario