There are two things .. probably getting confused here...
The Image : You pick an image and provision it.
The VM : After the provisioning opertaion, you get a VM that can be started etc.

-- to fix an already provisioned VM :
   Select the VM
   right mouse click and "Edit VM Settings"
   Select the disk entry with /dev/cdrom
   Click properties button
   change from /dev/cdrom to /dev/hdc
   press ok.
   Start the VM

-- To fix the CentOS_5_2 image (generated from prev suggestion)
   - Select image
   - Right mouse click and choose "Edit Settings"
   - select the disk with /dev/cdrom, click properties, change /dev/cdrom to
/dev/hdc, press ok.
   - save the image by pressing ok on the settings dialog.
   - Provision a new VM.
   - The new VM should recognize the DVD rom.

If u still have problem, send in your vm config file (/etc/xen/<vm name>)
And see if there is something interesting in the xend.log /var/log/xen
directory.

/Jd