Hi Jan,

I'm still concerned about the future of RTDM and timer functions. I think
there should be some function for starting the timer manually, since the
automatic feature don't work great for RTDM drivers.

It is not nice to have to run the latency (or any other) program for starting
the timer before I can load my driver. And it is not suffice to run it once I
booted. After I open/close my rtdm device and reload my driver the problem
will occur again and I'll have to re-run the latency program.

Do you have any plans to correct this undesirable behaviour?

I don't even have an idea why the timer stops once it is started... Actually
I'm not sure why does rtdm_clock_read should depend on the xenomai timer. At
least, I think there should be a note in the rtdm_clock_read documentation
stating that it only works after the timer has been started.

Best Regards,

Rodrigo.