Herman Bruyninckx wrote:
 > On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Philippe Gerum wrote:
 >
 > [...]
 > > - New skins: Any new colors for the "chameleon"?
 > "Perfect POSIX" is, to me, more important than new skins. "Perfect" means,
 > among other things, that the interference problem with the Posix thread
 > library (libraries) under Linux is solved.

What is wrong with the current implementation ? For me, the current
POSIX skin is close to final, in term of functionalities (on my todo
list, remain shared memories, implementation of mq_notify, and maybe
barriers, rwlocks and spinlocks, which are not a big deal). Of course,
some improvements are needed, such as a "process level" cleanup, which
would allow to reclaim automatically the memory used by anonymous
objects at the process death, or real-time signals, since for the
moments signals are handled in secondary mode, and an implementation of
message queues using shared memory, to avoid copies. But I assumed the
interference with the posix thread library was solved. Could you
elaborate a bit more on the issues you observed ?

--

                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.