On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Philippe Gerum wrote:

Herman Bruyninckx wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:

Herman Bruyninckx wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Philippe Gerum wrote:
>
> [...]
> > - New skins: Any new colors for the "chameleon"?
> "Perfect POSIX" is, to me, more important than new skins. "Perfect" means,
> among other things, that the interference problem with the Posix thread
> library (libraries) under Linux is solved.

What is wrong with the current implementation ?

[...]

But I assumed the
interference with the posix thread library was solved. Could you
elaborate a bit more on the issues you observed ?

Well, if this problem is solved, I'm very happy :-) And maybe I look at the
wrong places, but where do I find a succint explanation of the solution?

Well, what's your question first? :o>

Sorry if that was not clear.

The question is: how is the following problem solved? Where the problem is
as follows: using Posix threads in realtime requires another library than
the standard NPTL library that Linux uses (at least, I think you require
another library), but how do you make sure to link to the correct library?
Or is NPTL realtime safe?

Herman

--
  K.U.Leuven, Mechanical Eng.,  Mechatronics & Robotics Research Group
    <http://people.mech.kuleuven.be/~bruyninc> Tel: +32 16 322480