Bart Jonkers wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 11:20 +0200, Detlef Vollmann wrote:
> > Bart Jonkers wrote:
> > > When I boot the kernel with ipipe enabled, linux receives no interrupts
> > > anymore. Any idea to solve this?
> > What are the symtomps?

> hda: lost interrupt

> Sending BOOTP requests ...... timed out!

> The interrupt for the harddisk and the network chip are GPIO interrupts.
This is what I suspected.

> > Are you sure you get no interrupts (incl. timer) or e.g. just no GPIO
> > interrupts?
>
> I added a kernel timer to the a driver of me witch does a printk every
> 10 seconds. The printk shows up so I think that Linux still gets its
> timer interrupts.
And if you can type something on the serial console, you also
get the UART interrupt.

> I also added an interrupt handler on a button which is connected to GPIO
> pin. The interrupt handler should print something when it is executed.
> When I push the button a couple of times nothing happens. So GPIO
> interrupts doesn't seems to work.
Probably GPIO0 and GPIO1 work.
I suspect it's the cascading interrupt that doesn't work.
When I played around with an earlier version of ipipe, I found that
the IRQ_GPIO_2_80 (IRQ 10 on PXA270) is masked, but never unmasked
again.

The problem is that for the cascading interrupt you need a special
IPIPE handler, and I don't think there is currently one for PXA.

How is that done on other machines/architectures?

 Detlef

--
Detlef Vollmann   vollmann engineering gmbh
Linux and C++ for Embedded Systems    http://www.vollmann.ch/