On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 16:48 +0000, Wael BACHTA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your hints.
>
> I patched my kernel the new adeos patch
> (adeos-ipipe-2.6.17-i386-1.5-00.patch). and I did this tests :
>
> - SMP on and PCI_MSI on : my PC boots. I installed xenomai 2.2.0. I can see
> my 2 virtual processors with "cat /proc/cpuinfo" BUT, I don't have
> interrupts.
>
> - SMP on and PCI_MSI off : The PC boots and I see my 2 virtual processors.
>
> - SMP off and PCI_MSI on : The PC boots, I have my interrupts.
>
> It seems to me that the new patch disables the PCI_MSI when the SMP is on.
> The new patch doesn't seem to fix my problem.

Clearly not, it doesn't disable anything (in case it's not obvious, I'm
looking for a real fix, not for a work-around). I managed to put my
hands on a previously failing SMP box with PCI_MSI enabled, and 1.5-00
does fix the issue there. So the current issue we are discussing must be
different.

Could you redo test #1 disabling Xenomai, and dump /proc/interrupts on
your box? TIA,