Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> Tomas Kalibera wrote:
>  >
>  > I added a missing underscore and re-tried, and none of the debug
>  > messages was printed. I added another one to make sure that there is not
>  > a problem with getting printk messages to the serial console. The
>  > resulting highmem_32.c and the output is attached.
>  >
>  > T
>
> The interesting part of the output is the printk which occurs right
> before the first bug, what happens afterwards is of little use. Do you
> get any output before the first bug ?

There is no output before the first bug. This is why I added the other
printk to make sure there is always one on the path leading to the
BUG(). After I did that, the newly added message ("type is NOT
KM_USER0") appeared in the serial console log after the bug. This is
what made me believe that this is the printk we care about, and why I
included the longer output.

Tomas