Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> Tomas Kalibera wrote:
>  >
>  > Hi Gilles,
>  >
>  > I've recompiled the kernel again from scratch and got the same lock up.
>  > Fix 5 does not help... If you want to inspect the exact kernel I used,
>  > it's again at http://www.cs.purdue.edu/~tkaliber/crash, the one with
>  > "p5" in its name.
>  >
>  > Tomas
>
> But... do you get the lock-up without the patch ?

No. Or, more precisely, not the same one. With this patch (5), the
system locks up as soon as the application starts. It  does not print
any stack trace.
Without the patch, the system gets to unusable state when the
application calls clone/fork, and it does produce a stack trace (those I
was sending you before). It seems to be more alive (processes start, but
crash, because of garbled preempt_count).

The crashes are perfectly repeatable on the system I have. So, the
crashes make no sense to you, right ?  I can indeed try to go the
defensive path and try an older kernel or something, but if there is a
Xenomai bug, it would be nice to find it...  The same for kernel bug,
indeed.

Tomas