Hi Jan,

Please do not use my address at gmail, gna does not want me to post from
this address:

2008-08-23 12:10:19 1KWq4T-0000zD-9E ** xenomai-core@gna.org
<Xenomai-core@gna.org
> R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT
> TO:<Xenomai-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: host mail.gna.org [88.191.250.46]: 550 rejected because
gmail.com i
s in a black list at dsn.rfc-ignorant.org

so, here is a repost of my answer:

Jan Kiszka wrote:
> > Hi Gilles,
> >
> > trying to understand the cb_read/write lock usage, some question came up
> > here: What prevents that the mutexq iteration in pse51_mutex_check_init
> > races against pse51_mutex_destroy_internal?

Well, I am afraid the mechanism used is not 100% safe. Anyway, the aim
is to catch most of invalid usages, it seems we can not catch them all.

> > If nothing, then I wonder if we actually have to iterate over the whole
> > queue to find out whether a given object has been initialized and
> > registered already or not. Can't this be encoded differently?
> >
> > BTW, shadow_mutex.mutex is a kernel pointer sitting in a user-reachable
> > memory region? Why not using a handle here, like the native skin does?
> > Won't that allow to resolve the issue above as well?

This has been so from the beginning, and I did not change it.

--
                                            Gilles.