Philippe Gerum wrote:
> Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>> Hi Jan,
>>
>> Please do not use my address at gmail, gna does not want me to post from
>> this address:
>>
>> 2008-08-23 12:10:19 1KWq4T-0000zD-9E ** xenomai-core@gna.org
>> <Xenomai-core@gna.org
>>> R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT
>>> TO:<Xenomai-
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]>: host mail.gna.org [88.191.250.46]: 550 rejected because
>> gmail.com i
>> s in a black list at dsn.rfc-ignorant.org
>>
>> so, here is a repost of my answer:

>> Well, I am afraid the mechanism used is not 100% safe. Anyway, the aim
>> is to catch most of invalid usages, it seems we can not catch them all.

>> This has been so from the beginning, and I did not change it.
>>

> To get registry handles, you first need to register objects. The POSIX skin
> still does not use the built-in registry, that's why.

Well the registry is about associating objects with their name, and
since most posix skin objects have no name, I did not see the point of
using the registry. And for the named objects, the nucleus registry was
not compatible with the posix skin requirements, which is why I did not
use it...

--
                                            Gilles.