Philippe Gerum wrote:
> AFAIC, I don't see how changing priorities on the fly within a time critical
> section could be considered as good programming practice; this would tend to
> indicate that somebody is playing with priorities to paper over an application
> design issue.

So, you mean PIP papers over application design issues ? Just kidding...

> For that reason, enduring a mode switch upon
> rt_task_set_priority() calls (and friends) would be ok for me. But that's
> certainly debatable.

Actually, we could trigger a signal for pthread_setschedparam to be
called for next switch to secondary mode. We could re-use the signal
already used to trigger a switch to primary mode for suspending a thread
running in secondary mode, finding a way to multiplex the information
passing, for instance, parameters to the siginfo structure.