Philippe Gerum wrote:
>> Ok. So, if we add the core skin fdtable, this leaves us with two items:
>> - signals in primary domain
>> - core skin fdtable
>>

> Ack. Add the following I-pipe stuff as well:
>
> - nios2 design upgrade. Those FPGA thingies require a bit of support to
> be included into the soft-core in order to run a real-time system, like
> a high precision timer and some stable monotonic clock source. Patrice
> Kadionik (the guy who lives there: http://uuu.enseirb.fr/~kadionik/)
> sent me an update for the FPGA design I used to do the initial port over
> nios2. This is mostly a matter of a couple of hours to fix and validate
> the I-pipe core accordingly, though.

Maybe you could ask for a hardware implementation of mul64by64_high...

> - powerpc32 updates for 2.6.30. Mainly to merge the once experimental
> bits that prevent most alignment faults from triggering a secondary mode
> switch. Andreas told me this works like a charm on 83xx, and I did not
> see any issue on 52xx, 85xx or 86xx either.
>
> - probably blackfin updates. I need to have a closer look, but I'm
> afraid I will have to resync with mainline before 2.5.0 is out. Blackfin
> folks never sleep it seems.
>
> - x86* updates to issue patches for the 2.6.30-stable and 2.6.31-stable
> series.
>
> You may have a few ARM patches brewing as well?

Actually yes. The "pic mute" feature was disabled on AT91 because it was
causing latency peaks, but I plan to enable it ultimately. I think the
latency peaks were due to the fact that I was testing a 2.4 with the bug
which we fixed in 2.4.9.1, I just need to check that. And if pic mute
works on AT91, then I would implement it for other SOCs. And an upgrade
to 2.6.31 would be fine too.