On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 19:48 +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> Philippe Gerum wrote:
> >> Ok. So, if we add the core skin fdtable, this leaves us with two items:
> >> - signals in primary domain
> >> - core skin fdtable
> >>

> > Ack. Add the following I-pipe stuff as well:
> >
> > - nios2 design upgrade. Those FPGA thingies require a bit of support to
> > be included into the soft-core in order to run a real-time system, like
> > a high precision timer and some stable monotonic clock source. Patrice
> > Kadionik (the guy who lives there: http://uuu.enseirb.fr/~kadionik/)
> > sent me an update for the FPGA design I used to do the initial port over
> > nios2. This is mostly a matter of a couple of hours to fix and validate
> > the I-pipe core accordingly, though.
>
> Maybe you could ask for a hardware implementation of mul64by64_high...

It looks like custom instructions are restricted to input(32bit x 2) =>
output(32bit).

Patrice, do you confirm, or would it be possible to implement such
instruction, that would return the highest 32 bits from a 64 x 64
multiply op? We need this to speed up some arithmetics, especially on a
50Mhz CPU.

If we can't, well, I will likely have to subject myself to write a small
assembly block doing just this, because gcc's output is likely not going
to look like the way Gilles wants.

> > - powerpc32 updates for 2.6.30. Mainly to merge the once experimental
> > bits that prevent most alignment faults from triggering a secondary mode
> > switch. Andreas told me this works like a charm on 83xx, and I did not
> > see any issue on 52xx, 85xx or 86xx either.
> >
> > - probably blackfin updates. I need to have a closer look, but I'm
> > afraid I will have to resync with mainline before 2.5.0 is out. Blackfin
> > folks never sleep it seems.
> >
> > - x86* updates to issue patches for the 2.6.30-stable and 2.6.31-stable
> > series.
> >
> > You may have a few ARM patches brewing as well?
>
> Actually yes. The "pic mute" feature was disabled on AT91 because it was
> causing latency peaks, but I plan to enable it ultimately. I think the
> latency peaks were due to the fact that I was testing a 2.4 with the bug
> which we fixed in 2.4.9.1, I just need to check that. And if pic mute
> works on AT91, then I would implement it for other SOCs. And an upgrade
> to 2.6.31 would be fine too.

Ok. How many interrupt controllers would be impacted by the PIC mute
feature?