Hi everybody,

  here is a quick first report on an issue that appeared with Xenomai 2.5.5 ---
NOTE: 2.5.4 (and earlier) DOES NOT have this issue.

We run multiple real-time processes, synchronized by semaphores and
interprocess communication using shared memory. All is cleanly implemented
using the xenomai real-time functions, no mode switches. The different
processes are distributed on different processors of our multi-core machine
using rt_task_spawn() with the T_CPU directive.

Up to version 2.5.4, this worked fine.

With version 2.5.5 (and 2.5.5.1), the processes hang after a few seconds of
running (CPU consumption goes to zero), and usually one of them hangs so badly
that it cannot be killed anymore with kill -9 -- thus reboot is required.

The problems happens on BOTH our i386 machine (Dell 8-core, ubuntu 9.04, kernel
2.6.29.5) AND x86_64 machine (Dell 8 core, ubuntu 9.10, kernel 2.6.31.4). Thus,
this seems to be specific to the xenomai release 2.5.5 and higher.

No "dmesg" print-outs when this error occurs.

We will try to create a simple test program to illustrate the problem, but
maybe the issue is already obvious to some of the experts on this list.

Best wishes,

-Stefan