On 04/06/2012 05:35 PM, Roberto Bielli wrote:
> Hi Gilles,
>
> excuse me, but i don't understand why i have to read the register after
> a write.
> In the imx processor manual i didn't find that behaviour.

Read again what I wrote: I do not say you "have to", I say "you may want
to", it is just a trick you may want to try, which I have already seen
solving this kind of issues. Besides, that is what the linux clockevent
driver does.

I would first try reading the status register in the
__ipipe_mach_acktimer , and if it does not fix the issue, try the
re-read trick.