On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Marc Aurele La France wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
>
> > On 14 Mar 2003, Eric Anholt wrote:
> >
> > > On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 12:31, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
> > > > Could someone put the FreeBSD int10 module from 4.3 someplace where I
> > > > can get it? I'll give it a try.
>
> You already have it. (Or should.) The two int10 modules installed on
> Linux systems are:
>
> /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libint10.a
> /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/linux/libint10.a
>
> The loader prefers the more specific, so to use the generic one, rename
> the /linux/ one to something else.
>
> > > I put one from my system up at:
> > > http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/X/files/libint10.a
>
> > I just ran this module on my system and it worked fine.
> > So at least on my system here:
>
> > Linux 2.2.17 smp
> > Dual P3 system (i840 chipset)
> > GeForce4 MX + GeForce2 MX using "nv" driver on both
>
> > both the module I built and the one at that url work fine.
> > I think that rules out the FreeBSD-built module being completely
> > broken. Still could be some other FreeBSD related problem or
> > that the failing cases are on specific hardware that the int10
> > or related module doesn't handle as well anymore.
>
> > Has it been firmly established that this is a regression
> > and 4.2 worked fine on those machines?
>
> It's not clear to me that you actually used the generic module for this
> test. Check the log.
>
You're right! It was still using the linux/libint10.a.
The generic libint10.a doesn't work. If I switch over, the
second head doesn't get posted correctly and I do see the
message about the BIOS getting truncated.
Mark.
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86