OK. I tested with both the generic int10 module from 4.2 and
from 4.3 on a 4.3 system. This was with two NVIDIA cards and the
nv driver on both heads.
4.2 libint10.a works fine.
4.3 linux/libint10.a works fine.
4.3 libint10.a does not post the card properly.
It appears as though there is definitely a regression in the
generic libint10.a module between versions 4.2 and 4.3.
Mark.
On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
>
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Marc Aurele La France wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
> >
> > > On 14 Mar 2003, Eric Anholt wrote:
> > >
> > > > On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 12:31, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
> > > > > Could someone put the FreeBSD int10 module from 4.3 someplace where I
> > > > > can get it? I'll give it a try.
> >
> > You already have it. (Or should.) The two int10 modules installed on
> > Linux systems are:
> >
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libint10.a
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/linux/libint10.a
> >
> > The loader prefers the more specific, so to use the generic one, rename
> > the /linux/ one to something else.
> >
> > > > I put one from my system up at:
> > > > http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/X/files/libint10.a
> >
> > > I just ran this module on my system and it worked fine.
> > > So at least on my system here:
> >
> > > Linux 2.2.17 smp
> > > Dual P3 system (i840 chipset)
> > > GeForce4 MX + GeForce2 MX using "nv" driver on both
> >
> > > both the module I built and the one at that url work fine.
> > > I think that rules out the FreeBSD-built module being completely
> > > broken. Still could be some other FreeBSD related problem or
> > > that the failing cases are on specific hardware that the int10
> > > or related module doesn't handle as well anymore.
> >
> > > Has it been firmly established that this is a regression
> > > and 4.2 worked fine on those machines?
> >
> > It's not clear to me that you actually used the generic module for this
> > test. Check the log.
> >
>
> You're right! It was still using the linux/libint10.a.
> The generic libint10.a doesn't work. If I switch over, the
> second head doesn't get posted correctly and I do see the
> message about the BIOS getting truncated.
>
>
> Mark.
>
>
>
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86