From: "CLEMENT Francis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <xmail@xmailserver.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 9:22 AM
Subject: [xmail] Re: messages to yahoo and or hotmail does not get delivered

This problem was previously reported on this mailing list.
Seems (but not completly clarified/debugged at this time) 'xmail 1.21' have
some problems with some 'domains' zones setup (hotmail and yahoo in most
cases).
Seems xmail or dns server or tcp stack ? finaly choose the domain A record
and not the MX record for the domain in some cases ! even if a nslookup or
dig get the correct response ...

I had the same problem, and configured xmail to allways use a smtp gateway
(a iis smtp server on another computer using the same dns server for final
delivery !!) to temporary resolve sending to these domains (especialy
hotmail ...)

So, if you isp provide you a smtp gateway, tell xmail to deliver to it and
let the isp smtp server do the job.
Put this line in smtpfwd.tab (replace a.b.c.d with you isp smtp server) :

"*" "a.b.c.d:25"

As I said previously I have to get some tcp dumps to help understand the
problem when xmail resolves by itself on these domains but my xmail server
is in 'production' (for customers) and i can't test with it for this
delivery problem so I need to find time to run another server on another
'dummy' domain ...

Francis