From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Edmonds, J.B.
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 10:34 PM
To: xmail@xmailserver.org
Subject: [xmail] Re: Dynamic DNS

The smptgw.tab is just what I am looking for (granularity).  I don't
know how to tell whether to use "Login", "CRAM-MD5" or "Plain" for the
relay server.  In debug mode it doesn't show the actual interchange
between the servers (or I don't know how to see it, this would actually
be useful to log all of it).  I also cant tell if its actually working?
It doesn't appear to be since the response back is exactly the same once
I configured the tab file and userauth\smtp file.

It is unclear as to when to use smtpgw.tab or smtpfwd.tab to route
outging through an ISP's server.  I don't need to route everything, just
some domains that block me directly.=20

It would be nice if in the docs that there was a lead paragraph for each
tab file that gave its purpose and normal usage.  Some are self
explanatory and some are puzzling for a guy like me who only delves into
this when I have a problem.  I would actually tackle it myself but just
don't have the in-depth knowledge.