On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 5:02 PM, Daniel Svensson <dsvens...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 3:15 PM, Paul Beaudoin <paulmbeaud...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to control the interface via exec commands from apache but again,
>> can't get xmms2 to run under the web.
>>

> No you don't. You want to control xmms2 via IPC, probably by using
> libxmmsclient in one way or another.

After looking into what it would take to write a PHP extension for
libxmmsclient, I respect you if you don't want to go down that route. What
you're looking for in your original mail is the XMMS_PATH environment
variable. Set that to the same as the output of "xmms2 server config
core.ipcsocket" (note that this is a ;-separated list of paths). Make sure
you escape your in-data properly in these wonderful times of shellshock :)

--
Daniel Svensson