Hi,

On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 20:41:23 +0200
Daniel Svensson <dsvens...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After looking into what it would take to write a PHP extension for
> libxmmsclient, I respect you if you don't want to go down that route.

Some years ago I made a hacky PHP-extension that does this, which has
been bitrotting ever since.

> What you're looking for in your original mail is the XMMS_PATH
> environment variable.

You have to get it into the environment that the cli runs in. Perhaps
this can be set in the server configuration, or you can use PHP-function
putenv (after allowing access to XMMS_PATH using
safe_mode_allowed_env_vars), or you can create a little non-PHP script
that sets XMMS_PATH and then calls the cli.

Regards,

Erik Massop