Jim Campbell wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 3:05 PM, J. Anthony Limon <j...@flippo.net
> <mailto:j...@flippo.net>> wrote:
>

>     Hi,
>
>     Some changes I've had in mind since the 9.10 release is the possibility
>     of removing gnome-app-install from the default metapackage because it
>     gives a false impression of what is actually available in the apt
>     repositories. Perhaps mine was never configured properly but I also
>     hardly ever used it.. I've since removed it completely.
>
>     It would also be nice to encourage the developer (or even help with the
>     code) to further xfce4-taskmanager due to the bloated nature of Gnome
>     System Monitor. I'm not trying to sound like an anti-gnome troll or
>     anything, but even the most hardcore GNOME fan can tell you the
>     shortcomings of that app. (Specifically simply starting it usually makes
>     a system hang and it has had serious performance issues for many
>     releases.) (Source: http://abock.org/2008/09/03/stay-classy-gnome)
>
>     If anything else comes to mind I will bring them up in the future and
>     will keep an eye on developing comments. I look forward to seeing how
>     this thread develops. :)
>
>     - J
>

> Hi J,
>
> These are good suggestions for the distro itself, but I really wanted
> this thread to focus on the team leadership and team direction for the
> coming release.  We'll start a separate thread for specific
> distro-related improvements and changes once we get the team aspect in
> order.
>
> I'm not as familiar with you and your background, but we could sure use
> your help if you are interested in contributing during this release.
>
> Jim

Ah, I see. :)

To keep in the spirit of the intended purpose for this thread, I will
say that I would like to help in any way I can. (We'll see how far
reaching my skills can help!) I've been a Linux user for years but
fairly recent to the Debian style system and not too familiar with the
debian package creation process, but I've been an XFce user since the
early 4.0.x betas.

I've just recently come to the Xubuntu distro and subscribed to the
mailing list hoping to get an inside ear on the Lucid release process
and hopefully help steer it in a good direction. (As well as helping
folk when I can!)

- J