Most media players support navigation and control via keyboard,  though
it'll be a bit obtuse and you'll be using the tab key,  a lot.  One media
player that isn't so obtuse is the combo of mpd and mpc,  which is a set of
a daemon and client and is command line based,  though it takes a bit of
setup