Gerald Bauer wrote:
-ZULU(Flash XUL parser)

http://zulu.netspedition.com/zulu/main/overview.shtml

  As far as I can tell the guy who started ZULU is no
longer interested in it and there hasn't been any
progress over the last two years or so.

  Note, however, that there are many alternative XUL
client and server-side parsers (e.g. Laszlo, Flex,
XAML for Flash, etc.).

Based on the context of the the email and the URLs it contains, I believe Sundew was referring to XUL in the Mozilla sense of the word. The examples that you cite are not compatible with Mozilla's XUL.

Before I go further, I hope to know your thinking
about this topic.
Why do you think there's no DHTML XUL parsers yet?
(If you know any, please let me know.)
Do you think DHTML XUL parser could be useful?
What other things should I know/acknowledge to/
about making a XUL interpreter?

You might look at Zeepe for a case study. See http://xul.sourceforge.net/counter.html#zeepe and http://www.zeepe.com

I think what Sundew is proposing is similar to the way WHATWG intends to support Web Forms 2.0 on Internet Explorer. He wants to use Javascript/DOM to implement XUL inside IE, thus allowing XUL markup to work inside IE without the user needing to download a plug-in. At the same time, since the file being interpreted is XUL, it will still work in various Mozilla browsers. Zeepe is interesting, but it doesn't really leverage the deployed browsers that already support XUL.

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IntelliVIEW -- Interactive Reporting Tool for open source databases. Create drag-&-drop reports. Save time by over 75%! Publish reports on the web. Export to DOC, XLS, RTF, etc. Download a FREE copy at http://www.intelliview.com/go/osdn_nl _______________________________________________ xul-talk mailing list xul-talk@lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xul-talk