Hi!

On 11/23/22 21:12, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
Can it build against liblzma.so if liblzma.a isn't available?

mariadb does not depend on liblzma-dev for building. The build log says:
| -- The following features have been disabled:
| * INNODB_LZMA, LZMA compression in the InnoDB storage engine

The amd64 buildd has liblzma5 installed - not liblzma-dev. So it can't
compile against it nor link statically. The ia64 buildd however has
liblzma-dev installed so the options are there. I *think* only the
testsuite (or whatever these few binaries were) link statically against
it and not the software package as a whole.

Adrian, could you please remove the -dev package from the buildd? Then
it should work (eitherway I'm going to disable the versions for static
builds).

The chroots are regularly regenerated by a cron job using debootstrap.

We don't have any particular setting to explicitly pull in liblzma-dev
on ia64, see [1]. So, I have honestly no clue why it was installed.

One could run

        # debootstrap --foreign --no-check-gpg --arch=ia64 --variant=buildd

and see if that creates a chroot with liblzma-dev pre-installed.

Let me try a native run on yttrium.

Adrian

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/debian-ports-team/dsa-puppet

--