Hey all,

I plan to create a new branch of branch-3.4.0 this weekend and change the
version of the trunk branch to 3.5.0-SNAPSHOT.

If all goes well, I will release hadoop-3.4.0-RC0 early next week.

hadoop-3.4.0 contains many changes, we may release multiple RC versions.

Best Regards,
Shilun Fan.

https://github.com/pjfanning/jsr311-compat/blob/main/src/main/java/javax/ws/rs/core/
<https://github.com/pjfanning/jsr311-compat/blob/main/src/main/java/javax/ws/rs/core/NoContentException.java>
https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-jaxrs-providers/issues/134#issuecomment-1180637522

> On Thu, 4 Jan 2024 at 19:30, Steve Loughran wrote:
>

> On Thu, 4 Jan 2024 at 15:53, PJ Fanning wrote:
>>
>> I would like to get some dependencies upgraded for Hadoop 3.4.0. For me,
it would be good to upgrade protobuf-java and Jackson to more secure
versions.

>> For protobuf-java, that would involve releasing hadoop-thirdparty 1.2.0
[1], including merging the protobuf upgrade [2].

> I agree, we should update this. Anything else in there to update?
>>

>> For Jackson, we are hampered by Jackson dropping support for
Jersey/JAX-RS 1.x. I have a workaround for this that I think is worth
further investigating [3].