发件人: slfan1989 <slfan1...@apache.org>
Date: 2024/01/13 08:08:36
Subject: Re: Re: [DISCUSS] Release Hadoop 3.4.0
To: <common-...@hadoop.apache.org>, <fannin...@apache.org>, <
ste...@cloudera.com>
Cc: <priv...@hadoop.apache.org>, Ayush Saxena <ayush...@gmail.com>, <
hexiaoq...@apache.org>

Thank you for reporting this issue and helping resolve it!

I will try to release hadoop-thirdparty 1.2.0-RC0 version first.

Best Regards,
Shilun Fan.

Original

From:"PJ Fanning"< fannin...@apache.org >;

Date:2024/1/9 1:49

To:"common-dev"< common-...@hadoop.apache.org >;

It looks like the Jackson upgrade [1] needs more investigation which I will
need to come back to in a few weeks.

I would still like to get hadoop-thirdparty 1.2.0 released so that
protobuf-java, avro and guava can be upgraded for hadoop 3.4.0.

[1] https://github.com/apache/hadoop/pull/6370

On 2024/01/04 15:53:43 PJ Fanning wrote:
> I would like to get some dependencies upgraded for Hadoop 3.4.0. For me,
it would be good to upgrade protobuf-java and Jackson to more secure
versions.

> For protobuf-java, that would involve releasing hadoop-thirdparty 1.2.0
[1], including merging the protobuf upgrade [2].

> For Jackson, we are hampered by Jackson dropping support for
Jersey/JAX-RS 1.x. I have a workaround for this that I think is worth
further investigating [3].

<ste...@cloudera.com.invalid