Jay Collier wrote:

I've been posting to the "katrina" tag off and on for the past week, and have found that occasionally a bookmark I've submitted doesn't show up on the tag page.

<http://del.icio.us/tag/katrina>

I checked - all 81 of your posts with the katrina tag are on the http://del.icio.us/tag/katrina pages.

But in one case, a popular link dropped off the popular list for some time, and then new information at that URL might make it worth reviewing by those of us who are looking at the tag page. But it isn't showing up.

Is there an algorithm that is used to determine when this happens?

The link must have dropped off the popular page because people were not bookmarking it as often over the last few days. The algorithm for the http://del.icio.us/popular/katrina page picks what to show by looking at the last few thousand links with the katrina tag - it measures recently popular rather than all-time popular.

tim

_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss

Reply via email to