It's perfectly understandable if you know what del.icio.us offers. None of these links are new as far as I can tell and they aren't confusing unless you don't pay attention.. Paying attention is the cheapest thing you have to pay in life...

On 11/6/05, Todd Levy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>On 11/5/05, Björn Lindström <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>I think the new placement of the "your bookmarks | inbox | for | post"
>links are confusing. With the title of the current page above them, they
>look like they are related to the page, rather than global functions.

>>From: Damian Mann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>>i wasnt' confused.

I have to agree with the original poster even though I wasn't personally
confused.

This type of seemingly innocuous nesting error puts the visual hierarchy in
conflict with the logical hierarchy which is almost always confusing (until
learned) for people not familiar with the system.

The fact that it could be fixed at next to no cost (i.e. time) certainly
makes it worth considering.

A more intense rework of the layout aside, I'd probably suggest having them
hang out with the "settings" and "logout" links along with some copy
tweaks...

   "hello username || bookmarks | inbox | for | post | settings || log out"

Then I'd also consider putting a line break after the site name followed by
the page name (i.e. stuff that usually follows the first slash).

For what it's worth, there's also a nesting error at the bottom of the user
links page where the global footer (i.e. delicious | about | blog | etc...)
should really span across the entire bottom and sit on the darker gray color
as the top nav does.

TL

P.S. While I'm nitpicking, I'd change "logout" to "log out" and "login" to
"log in" in the nav since they are verb phrases. (And in fact on the form
itself it's "log in")

P.P.S. The service is still amazing, these small critiques notwithstanding!

Fidel
http://hifidelity.org

Join The Tribe, It's cooler than orkut or friendster. -> http://invite.tribe.net/id/f056ee14-cb8c-4f7a-ba4c-5d1d30d082e2