On May 3, 2007, at 4:35 PM, Kenneth Kirksey wrote:

On May 3, 2007, at 3:38 PM, Steven Fernandez wrote:

Same here and my DB is really not very big. Very annoying when you are on the phone and somebody wants to give you some info you want to jot down quickly.

If you have the unsorted items and untagged items smart collections active, you might try turning those off. They use pretty expensive queries.

While it is correct that Untagged Items and Unsorted Items use relatively expensive queries, I'd be surprised to find out that this was the cause of a minute startup delay for modest database sizes.

Rather than second guessing what may be going on, if you are affected by this issue please either takes Steve up on his offer, or write to support, so we can diagnose your specific problem and log a new issue about it if necessary.

It is not necessary to write to us about a delay after your initial search. (We are aware of the problem and are working on a solution.)

Jim