On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 10:10 -0500, Kaiduan Xie wrote:
> > Ejabberd's solution sounds neat, but I think it should be measured
> > against the much simpler variant of adding a case statement checking the
> > log level before calling format_msg in logger:do_log/3.
>
> Then we need to save the log level to ETS or Mnesia, and every time,
> you want to log, we need to read from ETS/Mnesia.

Yes, a configurable log level should be added (see
src/include/yxa_config.hrl).

> Compared with other
> cost, for example, paring SIP message, reading ETS/Mnesia is not a big
> issue. But Ejabberd's solution is neat.

Agreed.

> I also would  like to add line number and module name to the logger.

Is that necessary? I'm not sure it adds much, and it would require
adding at least ?LINE (and ?MODULE unless you deduct that from a stack
trace in logger (at a cost)) to _every_ call to logger:log/3 in YXA.

> Where can I check out the code from trunk?

See Subversion topic at
http://www.stacken.kth.se/project/yxa/downloads.html