I don't think I signed up for this one, but if I already have, please let me know---anyway, I'd sure like to get in on this one---thanks!!!---has anyone purchased a copy of the Dub Room DVD yet?---what do ya think of it?---John G in Kansas

Jim L - US<< Ted B US<< SOFA - US<< Guy K - US<< Joe.DP - US<< Scott B - US<< John K - US<< John G from Kansas<<
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Zappa-List] VO:1969 Amougies Non EURO or US Vine + November, 17, 1981, The Ritz, NYC

Hope I've got the correct lineage 'cause I'd like to join, also - please let me know if I'm out of line.

Thanks!
John K

Jim L - US << Ted B US << SOFA - US << Guy K - US << Joe.DP - US<< Scott B - US << John K - US <<

Jim L - US << Ted B US << SOFA - US << Guy K - US << Joe.DP - US<< Scott B - US

Thanks Jim L

--- Joe Della Posta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jim L - US << Ted B US << SOFA - US << Guy K - US << Joe.DP - US<<
>

> I would like to join in also.  Sound like a real keeper.  Any time I can hear
Zappa play it
> worth it.
>

> Regards:
>
> Joe.DP

Behalf Of Conehead
> [...]
>   Subject: [Zappa-List] VO:1969 Amougies EURO-Vine
>

>   OK folks,
>   while Jim L over in the U.S. has already offered the FZ Lost Amougies
>   jams coupled with the 1981 Ritz NYC show as a vine (#11568) ...
>
>   how about I kick off a similar thing over here for the folks in Europe
>   ??
>
>   FRANK ZAPPA
>
>   November, 17, 1981, The Ritz, NYC
>
>   Master Cassette recorded from WLIR >NAK BX-300>WAV (SB Audigy)>CD-R>EAC>Flac
>
>   Front end> Make Torrent
>

>   This is the complete show I compiled from flacs received from BengoFury. The
only things I did
> were to name the files, replace the incomplete tracks with complete ones, and
patch in the last
> part of the last track.
>

>   It boggles my mind that this particular show has never been selected for a
listening session.
> Great sound, awesome guitar, good set, tight band, and Al DiMeola shredding
over a world premier
> and a Chris Cross cover sung by the drum roadie. This show easily makes my top
10.

>   Enjoy!!!
>

>   Disc 1
>
>   01. Treacherous Cretins (fades in)
>
>   02. Montana
>
>   03. Easy Meat
>
>   04. You Are What You Is
>
>   05. Mudd Clubb
>
>   06. The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing
>
>   07. Dumb All Over
>
>   08. Heavenly Bank Account
>
>   09. Suicide Chump
>
>   10. Jumbo Go Away
>
>   11. Envelopes
>
>   12. Drowning Witch
>
>   13. What's New In Baltimore
>
>   14. Moggio
>
>   15. Bamboozled By Love
>
>   16. Sinister Footwear
>

>   Disc 2
>

>   17. Stevie's Spanking
>
>   18. Cocaine Decisions
>
>   19. Nig Biz (fades out)
>
>   20. Doreen
>
>   21. Goblin Girl (fades in)
>
>   22. Black Page #2 (q: Smoke on the Water)
>
>   23. Tryin' To Grow A Chin
>
>   24. Strictly Genteel
>
>   25. Al DiMeola Intro
>
>   26. Clownz On Velvet* (world premier)
>
>   27. Ride Like The Wind**
>
>   28. Zoot Allures
>
>   29. This Is My Story (fades in)
>
>   30. Whippin Post (Reggae Post)
>
>   31. Watermelon In Easter Hay
>

>   With Al DiMeola on guitar (*)
>
>   With Al DiMeola on guitar and Brian Peters on vocals (**)
>

>   Frank Zappa
>
>   Amougies (Belgium), Actuel Festival
>
>   24 to 27 October 1969
>

>   source: audience recording
>

>   This is an amazing find that I'm sure will delight fans of Frank Zappa and
the bands concerned
> alike. A little background : the Actuel festival was organized by the
publication of the same
> name (who, under different editorship, went on to become a prime mover of the
French
> counterculture in the early to mid-70s) in collaboration with the fledgling
BYG label. It was
> originally going to take place in or near Paris, but French authorities forbid
it and the
> marquee was eventually set up a few miles outside the French border, on
Belgian soil. It took
> place over 5 nights, entertaining an audience of 15-20,000 to a unique mixture
of progressive
> pop, free jazz and contemporary music.
>

>   Frank Zappa was present at the festival (well, the first four days, it
seems) in a twofold
> capacity. First, as Captain Beefheart's road manager; secondly, as M.C.,
assisting Pierre
> Lattes, a famous radio/TV presenter at the time (and the pop music editor for
Actuel magazine).
> The latter task proved problematic given FZ's very limited mastery of French,
the prevailing
> language among the audience, who themselves didn't seem to understand much
English. Instead, FZ
> relinquished his M.C. job for one of occasional guest guitarist.
>

>   As far as I know, with the exception of FZ's performance with Captain
Beefheart, this collects
> all of his jams with participating bands. A couple of films, directed by
Jerome Laperrousaz and
> Jean-Noel Roy, came out in 1970 but were instantly banned because of
objections from various
> bands (most notably Pink Floyd) whose permission hadn't been properly secured.
Zappa's
> performance with Beefheart is included in one of them, and since the audio of
the film (unlike
> the film itself) is in circulation, possibly in better sound than I could
provide, I decided not
> to include it.
>

>   The whereabouts of the master tapes for the festival, if any exist, are
unknown. What
> recordings are circulating are either the soundtrack of the film, or taken
from radio broadcasts
> (on Luxemburg's RTL and Belgium's RTBF). The source used here is an audience
recording made by a
> young French member of the audience using a now antiquated amateur tape
recorder. The original
> tapes have been newly transferred, but even so, the sound quality is rather
poor. Still, it
> seems
=== message truncated ===