My problem is that all the old formats keep going out of style. LPs are
replaced by 8-track, 8-track is replaced by cassettes, cassettes are
replaced by CDs. I still haven't caught up on the CDs, so I'm starting
to re-order the orchestral and instrumental stuff again. I just ordered
Yellow Shark and Strictly Genteel. Frankly (no pun intended) I prefer
the composer to the comedian and political commentator. And I can't
afford to invest in the whole ouevre at once.

What would be really cool would be something like Buffet's
Margaritaville Radio. It goes 24 hours and is DJ'd with commentary,
sometimes by well-known musicians. Not only do they play Buffet's
music, but also those inspired by him and those who inspired his work.
Even the commercials are of interest to fans. And its all free!

Imagine if there was an FZ internet radio station going 24/7! Not only
playing FZ, but the rock, R&B, jazz and classical music that inspired
him! FZ-related commercials and news would even be of interest.

Why not? Imagine the Zappa fans who would be created by such a thing!

Ron

--- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, erik de bruyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>