--- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, "Jim L" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Criss" <roncriss@> wrote:
> >
> > Imagine if there was an FZ internet radio station going 24/7! Not
only
> > playing FZ, but the rock, R&B, jazz and classical music that
inspired
> > him! FZ-related commercials and news would even be of interest.
> >
> > Why not? Imagine the Zappa fans who would be created by such a
thing!

> > Ron
>
> Perhaps Radio Dupree is what your after?
> http://www.live365.com/stations/pergunnareriksson
>
> I haven't listened all that much though so can't say for sure. Hey
if
> you've got the time and recording collection you can make your own
> station here
> http://www.live365.com/broadcast/
> for just $10 a month. I know someone that runs one and he said it's
> full time hobby.
>
> Jim L

Jim,

No, I hate to sound like a Radio Margaritaville ad, but I think they
have the format down pat. Mostly music by the selected artist of
focus, his inspirations and similar tunes or music derived from said
artist. Interspersed with news, commentary and advertisements of
interest to these fans. Are there enough die-hard Zappa fans to
support such a thing?

Ron