To make this short, the subject line says it in a nutshell.  I have been using
MusicMatch to convert from MP3 to WAV and the vice versa on one computer (since
my version of Sound Forge only recognizes WAVs).  Since MusicMatch changed to
Yahoo Music and then was discontinued, I can't do this on my other computer.
I've looked at the other rippers/players on that PC and can't find the same
function; maybe I have it but don't know it.
What other programs can do this seemingly simple task?  Jim L., you have always
had great information.
thanks for your indulgence,
Joseph in Nevada (was Dallas)