Thanks man, ill check out yamipod.

Have you ever tried rockbox? the idea behind it is not to be installed on
your pc and allow different communication with your ipod, rather, you
install it on the ipod iteslf! then, it allows you to browse through your
files ON the ipod. when you connect your ipod to the computer, you just get
a plain drive, where you can copy files to and from (no need to any
software!). Rockbox also has its own database where it lets you choose files
by their tags too. basically, its not iPod anymore, just the ipod machine!

image:
http://www.alwaysbeta.com/wp-content/uploads/smcbride/rockbox/ipod_0.jpg

you can also look around in youtube, you'll see some nice stuff