Just to chime in here, I prefer the otriginal mix of Cruisin over the
CD version but I listen to the CD version many times more.  Also, take
Hot Rats for example.  I listen to the CD so many more times but
whenever I get to hear the LP version it is almost like I'm
discovering a new version never heard before.
I don't dislike the Chad Wackerman drumming but I like the
older/original better.  If I could choose, I'd rather the ZFT spend
more time releasing unheard of stuff, like the Carnegie LP instead of
remixing LPs I already have.
Having typed that I'll sign off wishing you all a Merry Christmas and
a Happy Zappadan.
               Marc