On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 04:06:06PM +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
> Mattia Dongili wrote:
[...]
> >[  196.944000] EEPORM Ver = 4330
> >[  196.964000] zd1211:USB Download Boot code success
> >[  196.964000] zd1211: failed intr_urb
> >[  196.972000] zd1211:USB ST Code = -22
> >[  196.972000] zd1211: probe of 1-1:1.0 failed with error -5
>
> Weird: -22 is EINVAL.
>
> I have attached a kernel patch you can use, which will catch the most
> obvious causes for this error to happen. Apply it, reboot into new
> kernel, and try again. Hopefully you'll see a new message just before
> the failed intr_urb.

That would be great, but I can't see any patch attached :)

> >yeah, it is! disabling WEP makes the card up and working.
>
> This makes me suspect that you might be using the wrong WEP key or
> something like that. I just noticed that your earlier logs do not show
> any retry_failed interrupts -- unlike the problem I was comparing it to,
> where the device doesn't think it has transmitted anything and gives up
> retrying...

Well, I'd exclude the wrong WEP key, I copy&pasted it from the AP web
panel and I did see that same key working before (I'd have to check but
it probably was a clean 2.6.17 + zd1211-r80, while 2.6.17-mm gives the
failed intr_urb).
Also, I don't know if it makes any sense but tcpdump doesn't show any
packet leaving eth1 with WEP on (maybe the packet is just dropeed before
that?).

Thanks
--
mattia