Daniel Drake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some changes ready which enable hardware decryption for receiving
> encrypted frames in zd1211rw. Hardware encryption (for transmitting)
> will come after this tested and merged.
>
> It does need some extra testing though. Specifically:
>
> - Someone on PPC or another big-endian architecture, incase I screwed up
> the byte-swapping bit
> - Someone on a WPA TKIP network
> - Someone on a WPA CCMP network
>
> Any volunteers?
>
> You need to patch your 2.6.18 kernel with this:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-netdev&m=115913791123037&w=2
>
> And then compile this driver release: (don't use the in-kernel one)
> http://dsd.object4.net/zd1211rw-hwdec.tar.gz
>
> Alternatively just grab the hwdec branch from my git tree.
>
> Simply test that you don't notice any difference, i.e. you can still
> receive data from your secured network. It's working nicely for me,
> using it right now.
>
> Quick responses appreciated, as the 2.6.19 merge window is already upon
> us, if we aren't quick this will have to wait until 2.6.20.
>
> Thanks!
> Daniel

Tested over Apple iBook PPC32 with a zd1211 based dongle on a fresh new
2.6.18 mainline kernel.
Patch applies to kernel and compiles with no problems (without compiling
in-kernel zd1211 driver).
Modules then compiles and are loaded correctly.
The device associates to the AP over a 128bit wep protected network, but
seems unable to send data.
Trying to ping the AP or other clients returns "Destination Host
Unreachable".
Dhclient too fails.

--

| Silvio Relli aka "Rello"  admin(at)rello.it ---> www.rello.it |